Hey everyone! Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! I babysat my niece and nephew on Saturday, wonderful church services on Sunday, it was a great, family-filled weekend!!
Today’s post is one that I personally love to read about. How many of you wake up on Monday morning dragging and needed to pull yourself to the coffee pot to wake up? I often find myself dreading Mondays because let’s face it, Mondays get a bad rap! Let’s look at Mondays in a different way. It’s a chance for a new week, a fresh start, a restart to reach goals, etc.
Here are 6 tips for a fantastic start to the week:
- Move/Exercise: Get up 15-30 minutes early and get a work out in. Or if you’re like me, I’m not a morning person at all. So, find a time during the day or evening to get your body moving! No need for an expensive gym membership, either. Just do your own routine in your home! Jumping jacks, running in place, etc. will get your heart rate up and your blood flowing. Also, Pinterest is loaded with at-home workout routines. Remember, you’ll never regret getting a workout in!
- Bible reading/Prayer: This is #1…every day! The God of the universe wants to hear from you! And He wants to speak to you through His Word. Make it a priority to get into the Bible each day and learn!
- Music: Have your favorite music playing throughout your home or have headphones in to get yourself moving to accomplish your goals/tasks for the day. There are so many avenues for music, no matter what genre that you like (Spotify, Pandora, Apple Music, etc.). You’ll be surprised how listening to music can get you moving and get stuff done!
- Make Lists: Most people would agree, making lists is key to getting things done. There is no way I could get everything done in my day without making lists. Now, as far as digital or paper lists, I have mixed opinions on this. Some lists (groceries, weekly or monthly reminders), I do keep on my phone, in my notes app or my reminders app (they’re automatically on your iPhone if you’re an Apple user). As far as other lists (daily to-do lists, chore lists, etc), I write down in my Simplified Planner to be able to check off the tasks when they’re finished.
- H2O: Drink water!!! This may seem like a “no-brainer”, but most of us do not get enough water in during the day. According to health professionals, we should be drinking AT LEAST half of our body weight in ounces. For example, if you weigh 120 lbs, you should be drinking at least 60 ounces of water per day. If you struggle with this, jazz up your water with fresh fruit. Cut up some lemons and limes and throw them in your water. Or even berries are delicious (strawberries, blueberries, etc.)! Another tip is buying yourself a new water bottle! I just recently purchased this one and it’s fabulous! It’s a 32 oz. bottle, so I fill it 3 times during the day.
- Have an accountability partner: this can be your spouse, best friend, or whoever you know that will be encouraging and helpful to you! Someone who will cheer you on to reach your goals and get your to-do list all checked off! For me, this one is my husband and my mom! My mom and I go to the gym a few days a week together and it’s a great time for us to talk, laugh, and get our workouts in! I look forward to those times! Not to mention the memories made and the conversations during those workouts that will stick in our minds throughout the days and weeks ahead. Proverbs 17:17 says “Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.” Having someone in your life to encourage you in your daily tasks will be a tremendous help to you in so many ways!
I hope these tips help encourage you and you have a fabulous upcoming week!